The Importance of a Game Plan
Today we are going to look at a “Game Plan” a simple 4 or 5 point plan that is formulated by you and your team with a view of achieving your intentions.
The following is a sample “Game Plan” that I have used successfully in a number of businesses….
1. Customer Care
- Find your “WOW” – What is your special sauce?
- Over Promise and DELIVER!
- Leaders do weekly customer call backs
2. Sales Activity
- Sales person’s number one focus is to create activity
- Treat every lead as an opportunity to educate a customer
- “WOW” factor will create referrals
3. Drive The Revenue
- Concentrate activities on actions that will drive revenue beyond plan.
- Fast Start Competitions
- Training and Development
- Hold every leader accountable to exceed their team plan.
4. Reward and Recognize
- Any successful salesperson will earn good income….they crave attention and stroking of ego.
- Focus on “Personal Bests”
- Walk around, observe and LISTEN
- Daily, “Catch Someone Doing Something Right and Tell them”
5. Performance Management
- All leaders keep eye on “Dashboard Report”
- Rehabilitate or Release non performers
- At end of day “we cannot afford to carry passengers”. If on the bus without a ticket, purchase a ticket or……………..
GET OFF THE BUS!
Game Plan Summary
A game plan that covers your KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) is essential for smooth implementation.
Planning and setting Business Strategy is essential, but he/she who implements best wins!
The game plan communication needs to clearly articulate three things:
- It will enable Business Strategy to be achieved.
- Every team members input and effort is valuable and necessary to achieve results.
- You have total confidence in every team member meeting expectations.
E-mail Ken@Engage4Results.com if you would like a free chapter of my book “The People Pill” that explains Game Plans in detail.